If you are not a Luxembourg national but are a national of another EU Member State, you can vote in the European elections, choosing between two options:
- Either you can vote for six candidates to represent Luxembourg in the European Parliament
- Or you can vote for candidates to represent your country of origin in the European Parliament
In order to elect candidates representing Luxembourg (Option 1):
- You must be at least 18 years old on the day of the election (26 May 2019);
- You must be resident in Luxembourg when you register to vote (no minimum period of residence is required) and have been resident there when you applied to have your name entered on the electoral roll;
- You must register to vote by 5pm on 28 February 2019;
- You must not have been deprived of your civil rights or of the right to vote in Luxembourg or in your Member State of origin.
If you want to vote for representatives of your country of origin (Option 2), you should contact the authorities responsible for such matters in that country or your country’s consulate.
Voting is compulsory for all Luxembourg nationals who are automatically entered on the electoral roll.